We are very proud of the people who we entrust to care for the health of your eyes and clear vision at our Southport and Runaway Bay locations. Our optometrists are committed to remaining up-to-date with current eye health issues by regularly attending conferences and training programmes. Our state-of -the-art technology is testament to this. Your eye examination results are discussed in detail with you, as are recommendations of the latest spectacle and contact lens technologies best suited to your lifestyle and individual vision needs.
Claire Da Rin
MSc. Vision Science Mast. Optom
• Trained at Deakin University Geelong graduated in 2018.
• Certified to prescribe medications to treat eye conditions.
• Has grandparents, parents, uncles and siblings in the Optometry profession.
• Enjoys her family and snow boarding.
Practises at Runaway Bay – Tuesday to Saturday (including late nights)
B App Sc – Optom (Qld) (Hons) Grad Cert Oc Ther (Qld)
• Our Principal Optometrist
• Trained at Queensland University of Technology and graduated in 2002
• Commenced with our team as a Student in 2000
• Completed further training to gain Certification to prescribe medications to treat eye conditions in 2008
• Has 3 beautiful young boys. Wife Hayley, keeps the team from starvation by making the best cakes known to man!
• Enjoys listening to people’s vision needs and customsing solutions
Practises at Runaway Bay – Monday to Friday (including late nights)
B App Sc – Optom (Qld) MBCO (Lond) DCLP (Lond) Grad Cert Oc Ther (Qld)
• Our Principal Optometrist
• Originally trained at Queensland University of Technology and graduated in1985
• Lived in London for 7 years and completed his contact lens specialist qualification through the prestigious Moorfields Eye Hospital in London.
• Completed further training to gain Certification to prescribe medications to treat eye conditions in 2007.
• Enjoys treating red eyes and helping people get the most out of their vision with specific solutions to their individual needs using the latest in spectacle and contact lens technology.
Practises at Australia Fair – Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays (including late nights)
M App Sc – Optom (QLD), B App Sc – Optom Grad Cert Oc Ther (QLD)
• Keith has a wealth of experience in both private optometrical practice and also working alongside eye surgeons in their practices
• Keith’s specialty is in eye diseases, red eye and vision correction
• A keen surfer, cricketer and skier – you’ll know where Keith is when he is not at Australia Fair!
Practises at Australia Fair – Monday to Friday (including late nights)
Dip App Sc – Optom (Qld)
• Our most experienced Optometrist
• Been on our Optometry Team since 2000
• Graduated from Queensland University of Technology as an Optometrist in 1983
• Applies the same technical precision in recommending specific vision solutions that he does as an expert model plane pilot
Practises at Australia Fair – Saturday