Our state of the art eye tests help in the detection of:
- Macular Degeneration, an eye disease that is the most common cause of loss of sight in Australia
- Glaucoma, another eye disease that causes blindness
- Fine changes in blood vessels at the back of the eye (retina) that may be caused by high blood pressure and heart disease.
- Your eyes and vision are priceless, so we have made sure we have the latest in eye testing technology
- OCT cross sectional optic nerve (e.g. glaucoma) and macula (e.g. macula degeneration) scanner
- Laser wide angled retinal scanner (signs of diabetes, high blood pressure, retinal problems)
- Anterior angle (closed angle glaucoma) imaging
- Tonometer (eye pressure) – no eye drops required
- Keratometer (Corneal shape/curves for contact lens fitting)
- Computerised vision testing
- Pachymeter (e.g. glaucoma)
In keeping with our commitment to the latest optometrical technology, we routinely take wide field retinal photographs and ultrasound (OCT) scans of your eyes as part of our normal eye examination and we actually show you your scans and photos and explain their meaning in simple terms. This is a specialty service and carries a fee of $55.00 – a small price to pay for the comfort of knowing your eyes are healthy.